Fire Detection Systems: Commercial UL
Elite CPM Conventional Fire Control Panel
- UL864 approved
- Two, four or eight initiating circuits
- Initiating circuits individually configurable as Fire or Supervisory
- Two 2.5A Notification Appliance Circuits
- 4.0 Amps total NAC power available
- Selectable NAC protocols
- 5 Amp power supply
- Resettable Aux power output rated at 0.3A Listed
- Alarm verification selectable by zone
- Aux power configurable to power off on Fire condition
- Fire, Trouble and Supervisory relays
- Single person walk test function
- Many advanced configuration options
- 24 hour standby with 7Ah batteries
- Maximum battery size 12Ah
- Optional DACT (SIA or Contact ID allowing user definable reporting codes
- The Elite CPM range of conventional fire control panels with optional built in communicators are available with 2, 4, or 8 initiating circuits which may be extensively configured via a simple front panel operated programming method.
- The low standby power requirements and cost effective small batteries allow the panel to be mounted in a small discrete enclosure.
- A simple programming method using just 3 front panel buttons allows an extensive list of configuration options to be set and reviewed.
- Single board construction which allows easy removal of all electronic parts and ample provision of cable entry knockouts to simplify installation.
- 4 Amp notification appliance power and built-in selectable sync protocols provide ample power and control for a wide range of standard notification appliances.
- The optional DACT allows dual line reporting to central stations and provides a 500 event history buffer.
- Up to 13 detectors may be connected per zone
7 Ah Battery: VF5450
- Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) technology for superior performance
- Valve regulated, spill proof construction allows safe operation in any position
- Power and volume ratio yielding unrivaled energy density
- Rugged plastic case and cover
- Approved for transport by air. D.O.T., I.A.T.A., F.A.A., and C.A.B. certified
- U.L. recognized under file number MH 20845
- Nominal Voltage: 12 Volts (6 cells in series)
- Nominal Capacity 20 Hour Rate (350mA to 10.50 Volts): 7.0 A.H. 10 Hour Rate (650mA to 10.50 Volts): 6.5 A.H. 5 Hour Rate (1.2A to 10.20 Volts): 6.0 A.H. 1 Hour Rate (4.5A to 9.00 Volts): 4.5 A.H. 15 Minute Rate (14A to 9.00 Volts): 3.5 A.H.
- Approximate Weight: 5.70 pounds (2.59 kg)
- Energy Density (20 hour rate): 1.43 watt-hours/cubic inch (87.3 watt-hours/l)
- Specific Energy (20 hour rate): 14.7 watt-hours/pound (32.4 watt-hours/kg)
- Internal Resistance (fully charged battery): 22 milliohms (approximately)
- Maximum discharge current (< 7 Min): 21 amperes
- Maximum short duration discharge current (< 10 Sec): 70 amperes
- Terminal Configurations: Quick disconnect tabs, “F1”: 0.187” x 0.032” – mate with AMP, INC FASTON “187” Quick disconnect tabs, “F2”: 0.250” x 0.032” – mate with AMP, INC FASTON “250”
- Shelf life – % of nominal capacity at 68°F (20°C): 1 Month: 97%; 3 Months: 91%; 6 Months: 83%
- Operating Temperature range: Charge: -4°F (-20°F) to 122°F (50°C); Discharge: -4°F (-20°F) to 140°F (60°C)
- Case: ABS Plastic
- Single or Dual Action
- Wire head Connections
- Gold Plated Alarm Contacts
- Optional Surface or Weatherproof Backbox
- The VF3021-10 and VF3022-10 series pull stations are operated by pulling the handle marked “PULL” on the front of the station as far down as it will go. At that point, the station will lock in place and is easily visible from up to 50 feet. The activation handle is reset by opening the station with the key, placing the handle in the normal upright position and relocking the station.
- On the dual action, the push bar rotates inward allowing the “PULL” handle to be grasped and operated by a single hand.
- The VF3021-10 and VF3022-10 are versatile, high-quality, metal Fire Alarm Pull Stations designed to meet any installation demand.
- Available in both single VF3021-10 and dual action VF3022-10 configurations. The normally open contact of each station, which closes when the pull station is activated, is rated for 1 Amp, 30VDC. The contacts are gold plated to avoid risk of corrosion.
- All VF3021-10 and VF3022-10 models have been tested by UL and found in compliance to the latest requirements of the American’s With Disabilities Act (ADA). VF3021-10 and VF3022-10 stations from Fireboy-Xintex are available with key reset. All models mount on a standard, single gang backbox, Fireboy-Xintex VF3007-10 interior surface metal backbox, or model VF3008-10 weatherproof backbox interior surface metal backbox, or model VF3008-10 weatherproof backbox
Outdoor Fireboy-Xintex Evacuation Signals
- UL 464, UL 1638 & BFP Listed
- Nominal Voltage 24VDC
- Unit is Shipped with UL1638 listed VF4007 Candela Horn/Strobe
- Unit Dimensions: VF4008 5.75” High x 4.75” Wide x 4.18” Deep
- To Obtain Outdoor Horn, must order VF4000 and VF4008 separately
- Super-SlideTM – ease of supervision testing
- CheckmateTM – Instant Voltage Verification
- Lower installation and operating costs
- Switch selection for high dBA
- Switch for mechanical and 2400Hz tone
- Switch for continuous tone
- Tamperproof re-entrant grill
- Synchronize Strobe and/or Horn by using Fireboy-Xintex Synchronization Control Module
- Wide Voltage Range 16-33 VDC or FWR
- Separate horn and strobe functions
- Listed for UL1638 when used with the VF4008 enclosure
- VF4008 made of clear Lexan provides maximum visibility and reliability for effective visible signaling – allowing full 75cd output
- Input terminals 12 to 18 AWG
- Faceplate available in red
- The Outdoor Fireboy-Xintex Series offers dependable visible and/or audible alarms for all outdoor needs.
- Included with the Fireboy-Xintex Series is the VF4008 outdoor enclosure. The enclosure is made of high quality Lexan material, providing protection from weather related conditions and allowing the necessary full candela output. This highly constructed enclosure meets various installation requirements including deterring moisture from entering the enclosures.
- The Outdoor Series is equipped with the 4” mounting plate which incorporates the Super-Slide™ feature that allows the installer to easily test for supervision. The product also features a locking mechanism which secures the product to the bracket without any screws showing.
- The Fireboy-Xintex Series also features the Checkmate™ Instant Voltage Verification feature which allows the installer to check the voltage without removing the signal.
- The Fireboy-Xintex Series strobe has a minimal operation current and has a minimum flash rate of 1Hz and can vary up to 2Hz regardless of input voltage.
- The Fireboy-Xintex Series appliances are UL 464 and UL 1638 listed for use with fire protective systems and are warranted for one year from date of purchase.
Photoelectric Smoke Sensor: Series 65A
The Series 65A Discovery Photoelectric detector is distinguished by the indicator LEDs which will flash when the detector is in standby state and steady red in alarm. The housing is white polycarbonate and will not fade. Terminals are nickel plated stainless steel. Note: Bases are not included with detectors, please order separately.
The series Series 65A Photo-Electric Smoke Detector incorporates a pulsating LED located within the housing of the detector.
- Responds especially well to slow-burning, smoldering fires
- Indicator LED is clear in quiescent state but produces red light in alarm
- Well suited for staterooms, escape routes and engine rooms
- Unaffected by wind or atmospheric pressure
- Wide operating voltage 10-33 VDC (auto-sensing)
- Flashing LED option
- Maximum alarm current: 17mA
Within the case is a printed circuit board which, on one side, has the light-proof chamber with integral gauze surrounding the optical measuring system and, on the other, the signal processing and communications electronics. An infrared light emitting diode is arranged at an obtuse angle to the photo-diode. The photo-diode has an integral daylight-blocking filter. The IR LED emits a burst of light every second. In clear air the photodiode receives no light directly from the IR LED, because of the angular arrangement and the chamber Baffles. When smoke enters the chamber it scatters light from the emitter IR LED onto the photo-diode in an amount related to the smoke characteristics and density. The photo-diode signal is processed to provide an analog value for transmission when the detector is interrogated.
Conventional Heat Detector: Series 65A
Standard Features & Overview
The Series 65A Heat Detectors monitor temperature by using a dual thermistor network which produces a voltage output proportional to the external air temperature. There are 6 detectors in the series to suit a wide variety of operating conditions.
- Ideal for installation in engine rooms, machinery spaces, and galley areas
- Can be used for applications where smoke detectors are unsuitable
- Wide operating range 10-33 VDC (auto-sensing)
- Flashing LED option
- Maximum alarm current: 17mA at 10VDC and 52mA at 24VDC